Thursday, February 21, 2013

Butterick Premiere

I'm excited to be now designing for Butterick!
Change is good
and keeps me on my toes.

My first designs can be viewed in the Butterick
It came out today
 and I'm loving the color and the feel of Spring!

 This piece can be worn alone as a sleeveless top
or as a vest over a t-shirt.
It conveniently layers over or under the shirt/jacket
for extra warmth and style.

 This fabric was reversible so I used both sides.
The circles on the back seam match beautifully don't they?
I love it when that happens!

A little paint brightens up basic black.
 Washed linen version in a juicy color.

I just made myself an iteration of the jacket/shirt in black washed linen.
I will layer it over t-shirts or tank tops
as things warm up.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Washed linen dress with asymmetrical hem
is layered with slits in the seaming.

Gathers nip the dress in at the waist
to create a flattering line.
Lace option adds a feminine touch.

I couldn't resist making this multicolored version
utilizing the washed linens in my stash.
Sometimes the amount of fabric on hand
helps make design decisions...

Butterick 5881


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's what I've been making lately:

Butterick 5891 front
Butterick 5891 back
Marcy scooped this one right up almost as soon as I finished it!
Washed linen was discharged before the piece was sewn
and I used large snaps for closure.

Butterick 5891
This version was made in a double weave black silk
with vintage Paris buttons.

Butterick 5891
A chic 'jean' jacket
stitched in crushed denim 
with buttons from Paris.
 
Butterick 5891
This double sided fabric lets me get playful
and offers many design possibilities.
I really have to concentrate when I'm cutting
so I get 'right' and 'wrong' sides where they belong.
More vintage French buttons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leaving early next week to go work with Marcy at the big Sew Expo 
in Puyallup Washington, February 28th - March 3d.
We have some fabulous new fabrics
so if you are coming to the Expo be sure to stop by booth 830.

AND come to our Vogue/Butterick Inspired Creatives Fashion Show,
Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 10:30AM.
 

Happy creating!